Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Reflections Book & 2 Solo Shows

I have recently finished my Blurb book - for the Photography Book Now Competition, and I have officially entered into the competition!  The cover shot of the book and a lot of the photographs featured are from my show called Reflections at the Gallery on 43rd Street in Lawrenceville.   You can preview the book by clicking the link on the right side of this blog page. 
It has been an incredibly busy and exciting few months since I returned from France at the end of March.  I selected photos for, matted, and framed over 70 photographs for two solo exhibitions.  Mary Coleman and the Gallery on 43rd hosted an opening for my Reflections show on May 20th and it was incredible!   Quite a few of my friends and a nice group of people from all over Pittsburgh and Lawrenceville came to see the show!  I feel incredible blessed to have all of the friends and support that I do - Thank you to all of my friends and family - and especially my Mom - who helped me choose, mat, and frame it all! 
I have been a member of the Hoyt Artist's Association for several years.  A few years ago, I applied for a solo exhibition several years ago and it was scheduled for this June-July.   Friday June 17th was the opening, and now having seen the show I feel very privileged to be included with the other featured artists.  In 2008 I entered the Blurb book competition with my book Enlightened by Stories in Stone:  Enchanted Places and Intriguing Faces.  The images for this show come predominately from this book and my adventures in Strasbourg, France and Europe in 2007-2008. 
William Workman is a renowned photographer whose work for this show is a series of gorgeous medium format black and white images that "explores the fine line between the realism of pure nature photography and abstract concepts."  Skip Allen, currently resides in my hometown of Ligonier.  His work is a gorgeous collection of black and white images from all over the United States.  Jesse Katrencik is photographer from New Castle whose images illustrate the unique beauty of Western Pennsylvania.  Upstairs, on the third floor, and not to be missed are the watercolors of Bryce Herrington.  If you are anywhere near New Castle, please stop by before July 29th and see an amazing group of shows!

No comments:

Post a Comment